Dr Michael Dizon
Qualifications: BA Ateneo LLB UP LLM (Dist) Edinburgh PhD Tilburg
Michael Anthony C. Dizon has conducted research at universities and academic institutes in the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the Philippines, including the Tilburg Institute for Law, Technology, and Society (TILT), the SCRIPT Centre for Studies in Intellectual Property and Technology Law at the University of Edinburgh, and the UP Law Internet and Society Program (UP Law-ISP). He has also been engaged in legal practice having been an associate attorney at a Philippine law firm, a corporate lawyer for a privately held investment company, and a professional support lawyer with a global law firm.
Papers I Teach
Michael's research mainly involves the socio-legal study of technology, creativity and innovation. His current research interests include: the norms and values of innovators (e.g., hackers) and their technologies; normative pluralism and the information society; and participatory democracy and technology.
Computing; Law; Technology
Information and communications technology law; socio-legal studies; law and innovation; legal research
Dizon, M. A. C., & Disini, J. J. (2017). E-discovery in the Philippines. In B. Tan, M. Lew, & B. Ang (Eds.), A Practical Guide to E-Discovery in Asia. Singapore: LexisNexis.
Dizon, M. A. C. (2017). A socio-legal study of hacking: breaking and remaking law and technology. Oxford: Routledge.
Dizon, M. A. C. (2016). Breaking and remaking law and technology: A socio-techno-legal study of hacking. (PhD Thesis, Tilburg Institute for Law, Technology, and Society (TILT)).
Dizon, M. (2016). Substantive and procedural legislation in the Philippines to combat webcam-related child sexual abuse.
Find more research publications by Michael Dizon
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Dizon, Mr Michael||8590||mdizon||N.5.25||Law, Faculty of|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room