Te Hononga-ā-Kiwa Māori Business
Centre for Asia-Pacific Excellence Study Tours
The University of Waikato is delivering Te Hononga-ā-Kiwa Māori Business CAPE Study Tours’ on behalf of the North Asia (NACAPE), the Southeast Asia (SEACAPE) and the Latin America (LATAMCAPE) Centre’s for Asia Pacific Excellence.
The purpose of Te Hononga-ā-Kiwa is to increase Māori business capability and awareness and improve Māori business engagement in these regions. This year (2018), three 7-10 day Business Study Tours will take place, where primary industry will be a key focus; in particular sectors such as dairy and kiwifruit.
Each of the Study Tours will have up to ten scholarships on offer. Māori students from ANY university in Aotearoa can apply for one (or all) of the Study Tours.
Individuals who demonstrate strong leadership potential in business, have shown reliability to complete tasks and maintain a commitment to a kaupapa over time should apply. Preference will be given to students who are studying business, business law and agribusiness and those who have genuine interest in working within Māori business in New Zealand and the Study Tour regions.
The Business Study Tour is organised into three specific parts: Pre-Tour Orientation and Briefing; Study Tour Destination; and Post-Tour Presentation and Debrief. Participants are to commit to attending all three components of the programme.
What the Tour Scholarship will cover
The Tour will cover pre tour, tour and post tour travel expenses.
The Tour covers:
- Pre-Tour Orientation and Briefing
- Study Tour
- Post Tour Presentation and Debrief
Students may be required to cover some meals, domestic transfers and international travel insurance cost.
Māori students from all universities across Aotearoa are invited to apply.
To be considered for this tour, you must:
- Be able to demonstrate strong leadership potential
- Be a full-time business, business law or agribusiness student at a university
- Have already completed at least 240 points towards your degree or enrolled in a post graduate degree
- Be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be able to meet travel requirements for international travel
- Be available for all dates associated with the Pre-Tour Orientation and Briefing, Study Tour, and Post-Tour Presentation and Debrief
- Be willing to take and share photos/videos of your experience, and be available for follow up interviews in six and 12 months
- Be committed to contributing to future programmes as a Tuakana (mentor).
How to apply
Specific information, closing dates and application forms for each tour can be found by clicking on the Tours below:
2018 Te Hononga-ā-Kiwa Study Tours
NACAPE: North Asia
SEACAPE: Southeast Asia
Any questions about the Te Hononga-ā-Kiwa Study Tour application process please call Natalie Lulia on 0275511847 or email email@example.com