Dr Arama Rata
Senior Research Fellow
Qualifications: BSc(Hons), PhD Victoria
Dr Rata is of Ngāti Maniapoto, Taranaki, and Ngāruahine descent. She completed her PhD in Psychology at Victoria University of Wellington in 2012, which focused on Māori cultural engagement, identity, and psychological well-being in State secondary schools. Arama then lectured at Te Kawa a Māui (the School of Māori Studies), where she received a Research Establishment Grant to study Māori collective remembering of the New Zealand Wars. Dr Rata is currently involved with research relating to Māori health experiences, Māori in rural communities, as well as iwi consultancy.
Rata, A., Ormond, A., Kukutai, T., Kidman, J., Huia, J., Sciascia, A., . . . Te Huia, A. (2018). Kia Whakapiri Mai: Bridging the ‘home and away’ divide between governance entities and their members. In 8th Biennial International Indigenous Research Conference (IIRC18). Conference held at Auckland, New Zealand.
Masters-Awatere, B., Cormack, D., Brown, R., Rata, A., Hunt, L., Boulton, A., & Rota, M. (2018). Hospital Transfers: Māori whānau engagement in the healing equation. In 8th Biennial International Indigenous Research Conference (IIRC18). Conference held at Auckland, New Zealand.
Kukutai, T., & Rata, A. (2018). Attitudes towards Māori culture and multiculturalism in the NZ General Social Survey. In 8th Biennial International Indigenous Research Conference. Conference held at Auckland, New Zealand.
Masters-Awatere, B., Cormack, D., Brown, R., Boulton, A., Gifford, H., Rata, A., & Tangitu-Joseph, M. (2017). Whanau involvement in the healing equation. Conference held Claudelands Event Centre, Hamilton, New Zealand.
Find more research publications by Arama Rata
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Rata, Dr Arama||4913||arata||K.3.27||National Institute Demographic Economic|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room