- Staff are reminded of their obligations under the Bullying and Harassment Policy, Fraud and Corruption Policy and Protected Disclosures Policy.
Recent updates have been made to the following policies:
- Art Collection Policy - revised to take account of the transfer of responsibility for the policy from the University Librarian to the Director of Communications and Strategic Engagement. (June 2020)
- Financial Ethics Policy - revised to add to subclause 4.e. an entry with respect to United Nations trade sanctions, money laundering and terrorism
- Private Vehicles for University Business Policy - revised to take account of the transfer of responsibility for the policy from the Chief Financial Officer to the Director of Property Services. (June 2020)
- Rental Vehicle Policy - revised to remove reference to the role of the Procurement Manager (disestablished), add a new clause (13) which requires preference be given to a preferred domestic rental vehicle supplier who will waive one-way fees, and to take account of the transfer of responsibility for the policy from the Chief Financial Officer to the Director of Property Services. (June 2020)
- Vehicle Use Policy - revised to take account of the transfer of responsibility for the policy from the Chief Financial Officer to the Director of Property Services. (June 2020)
The following policies, protocols and regulations are currently under review:
- Critical Event and Business Continuity Policy - to potentially be disestablished
- Financial Authority Policy
- Koha, Donations and Sponsorship Policy
- Mobile Device Policy
- Policy for Members of the Academic Staff Engaging in Commercial Consultancy Activities
- Provision of Computers for Staff and Recycling and Disposal of University Computer Equipment Policy
- Risk Management Policy - to potentially be disestablished
- Space Allocation and Management Policy
- Student Discipline Regulations
- Travel Policy
Feedback on any of these policies, protocols and regulations is invited to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following proposed new policies, protocols and regulations are currently in development:
- Academic Agreements Policy - intended to set out the strategic principles and processes that apply when entering into academic agreements with other institutions.
- Contract Management Policy - intended to ensure that the University manages contracts in a consistent manner
- Flexible Working Arrangements Policy - intended to establish a framework of principles, eligibility, responsibilities and accountabilities with respect to flexible working arrangements.
- Sexual Violence Policy - intended to ensure that staff and students are aware of the University's policy and procedures in this space.
- Suicide Prevention Protocol - intended to advise staff who find themselves in circumstances where intervention is needed to feel able to respond appropriately and sensitively for the wellbeing of all involved.
- Work-Integrated Learning Policy - intended to set out responsibilities and authorities around work integrated learning for staff, students and placement providers.
Suggestions on matters relevant to these topics or suggestions for other new policies are invited to email@example.com.
Q & A
Policy-related questions can be submitted to the Manager, Policy and Governance either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or through the feedback facility at the bottom of each policy. Answers will be posted here.
Last updated 8 July 2020