- The Provision of Computers for Staff and Recycling and Disposal of University Computer Equipment Policy has been disestablished and replaced with the Desktop Computer Standards: Provisioning, Replacement, Disposal and Redeployment.
- The Education Act 1989 has been replaced by the Education and Training Act 2020. All references in policy have been updated to the new Act.
- The Privacy Act 2020 came into force on 1 December 2020. This short animated video from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner explains the main changes and free e-learning privacy courses are also available.
- Staff are reminded of their obligations under the Bullying and Harassment Policy, Fraud and Corruption Policy, Interests (Conflicts of Interest) Policy and Protected Disclosures Policy.
Recent updates have been made to the following policies:
- Children on Campus Policy - revised to take account of organisational changes and give flexibility to staff (May 2021)
- Fraud and Corruption Policy - minor revisions following regular review. (March 2021)
- Private Vehicles for University Business Policy - revised to take account of the change in the reimbursement rate for use of private vehicles for University business to 82 cents per km. (April 2021)
- Space Allocation and Management Policy - minor revisions following regular review. (March 2021)
- Travel Policy - the phrase "all-inclusive" with respect to travel insurance has been removed from clause 70 of the policy to reflect changes to the University's travel insurance with respect to epidemics and pandemics as a consequence of COVID-19 to avoid potential confusion about coverage.
The following policies, protocols and regulations are currently under review:
- Art Collection Policy
- Bullying and Harassment Policy
- Financial Authority Policy
- Fundraising and Philanthropy Acceptance Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Koha, Donations and Sponsorship Policy
- Management of Work Related Accidents and Incidents Policy
- Policy for Members of the Academic Staff Engaging in Commercial Consultancy Activities
- Protected Disclosures Policy
- Student Complaints Procedures
- Study Leave Policy
- Travel Policy
Feedback on any of these policies, protocols and regulations is invited to [email protected].
The following proposed new policies, protocols and regulations are currently in development:
- Academic Agreements Policy - intended to set out the strategic principles and processes that apply when entering into academic agreements with other institutions.
- Contract Management Policy - intended to ensure that the University manages contracts in a consistent manner
- Sexual Violence Policy - intended to ensure that staff and students are aware of the University's policy and procedures in this space.
- Suicide Prevention Protocol - intended to advise staff who find themselves in circumstances where intervention is needed to feel able to respond appropriately and sensitively for the wellbeing of all involved.
- Work-Integrated Learning Policy - intended to set out responsibilities and authorities around work integrated learning for staff, students and placement providers.
Suggestions on matters relevant to these topics or suggestions for other new policies are invited to [email protected].
Q & A
Policy-related questions can be submitted to the Manager, Policy and Governance either by email to [email protected] or [email protected] or through the feedback facility at the bottom of each policy. Answers will be posted here.
Last updated 6 May 2021