- Staff are reminded of their obligations under the Bullying and Harassment Policy, Fraud and Corruption Policy and Protected Disclosures Policy.
- The revised Child Protection Policy has been approved.
- The revised Records Management Policy has been approved.
The following policies, protocols and regulations are currently under review:
- Appointment and Employment of Relatives or Close Friends of Staff Members Policy
- Critical Event and Business Continuity Policy - to potentially be disestablished
- Financial Authority Policy
- Financial Ethics Policy
- Koha, Donations and Sponsorship Policy
- Mobile Device Policy
- Parking and Traffic Regulations
- Policy for Members of the Academic Staff Engaging in Commercial Consultancy Activities
- Provision of Computers for Staff and Recycling and Disposal of University Computer Equipment Policy
- Risk Management Policy - to potentially be disestablished
- Space Allocation and Management Policy
- Staff Performance and Professional Development Policy
- Student Discipline Regulations
Feedback on any of these policies, protocols and regulations is invited to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent minor updates have been made to the following policies:
- Drone Policy - minor changes in response to feedback from Airways New Zealand and the Civil Aviation Authority, and to take account of organisational unit and roles title changes and ensure gender neutral language.
- Private Vehicles for University Business Policy - revised to increase in the reimbursement of costs from 76 to 79 cents per km.
- Travel Policy - revised to include links to forms to be completed when seeking approval for travel Premium Economy or Business Class.
The following proposed new policies, protocols and regulations are currently in development:
- Academic Agreements Policy - intended to set out the strategic principles and processes that apply when entering into academic agreements with other institutions.
- Contract Management Policy - intended to ensure that the University manages contracts in a consistent manner
- Safety Check (Vetting) Protocol - intended to provide guidance with respect to undertaking safety checks of staff and students working with vulnerable people
- Sexual Violence Policy - intended to ensure that staff and students are aware of the University's policy and procedures in this space.
- Suicide Prevention Protocol - intended to advise staff who find themselves in circumstances where intervention is needed to feel able to respond appropriately and sensitively for the wellbeing of all involved.
- Work Integrated Learning Placement Policy - intended to set out responsibilities and authorities around work integrated learning for staff, students and placement providers.
Suggestions on matters relevant to these topics or suggestions for other new policies are invited to email@example.com.
Q & A
Policy-related questions can be submitted to the Manager, Policy and Governance either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or through the feedback facility at the bottom of each policy. Answers will be posted here.
Last updated 1 November 2019