- The Education Act 1989 has been replaced by the Education and Training Act 2020. All policy references have been updated to the new Act.
- The Privacy Act 2020 came into force on 1 December 2020. This short animated video from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner explains the main changes and free e-learning privacy courses are also available.
- Staff are reminded of their obligations under the Bullying and Harassment Policy, Fraud and Corruption Policy, Interests (Conflicts of Interest) Policy and Protected Disclosures Policy.
Recent updates have been made to the following policies:
- Art Collection Policy - revised following regular review (July 2021)
- CCTV Surveillance Policy - references to the Privacy Act 2020 have been updated (July 2021)
- Children on Campus Policy - revised to take account of organisational changes and give flexibility to staff (May 2021)
- Financial Authority Policy - revised following regular review (August 2021)
- Fraud and Corruption Policy - minor revisions following regular review. (March 2021)
- Fundraising and Philanthropy Acceptance Policy - revised following regular review (August 2021)
- Safety and Wellness Policy (formerly the Health and Safety Policy) - revised following regular review (August 2021)
- Space Allocation and Management Policy - minor revisions following regular review. (March 2021)
- Travel Policy - the phrase "all-inclusive" with respect to travel insurance has been removed from clause 70 of the policy to reflect changes to the University's travel insurance with respect to epidemics and pandemics as a consequence of COVID-19 to avoid potential confusion about coverage.
- Vehicle Use Policy (incorporating the Private Vehicles for University Business Policy and the Rental Vehicle Policy) - revised following regular review (August 2021)
The following policies, protocols and regulations are currently under review:
- Bullying and Harassment Policy
- Intellectual Property Rights Policy
- Koha, Donations and Sponsorship Policy
- Management of Work Related Accidents and Incidents Policy
- Policy for Members of the Academic Staff Engaging in Commercial Consultancy Activities
- Protected Disclosures Policy
- Student Complaints Procedures
- Study Leave Policy
- Travel Policy
Feedback on any of these policies, protocols and regulations is invited to [email protected].
Q & A
Policy-related questions can be submitted to the Manager, Policy and Governance either by email to [email protected] or [email protected] or through the feedback facility at the bottom of each policy. Answers will be posted here.
Last updated 1 September 2021