Scholarship Variation Request Process
The Scholarship Variation Request form can be completed by current scholarship recipients (not including current doctoral scholars; see details below for process for doctoral students) who wish to request a variation to their scholarship outside of the approved regulations.
Any request relating to a change in scholarship conditions will be formally reviewed by the Chair of the Scholarships Committee (or nominee) and an outcome will normally be provided within four weeks.
Acceptable Variation Requests
If your request falls outside the conditions listed please Contact us.
- Deferral of scholarship/award e.g. taking up your scholarship a year after awarding, or in a later trimester;
- Change of enrolment e.g. enrolling in fewer than 120pts; enrolling in a programme of study outside of the regulations;
- Withdrawal from study at the University; or
- Extension of enrolment (for Masters degree students only)
- Request for special consideration after receiving grades lower than the required average
Please note that this form should not be used by doctoral candidates who hold a scholarship. Doctoral candidates who want to request a change of conditions must apply through their MyWaikato portal (Research tab).