Scholarship Variation Request Form
This form may be completed by current scholarship recipients who are requesting a variation to their scholarship that is outside the criteria in their accepted scholarship regulations. The questions in the form can be viewed here.
Requests will be reviewed by the Chair of the Scholarships Committee (or nominee) and the outcome will normally be provided within four weeks.
Acceptable Variation Requests
- Deferral of scholarship/award (e.g., starting your scholarship in a later year or trimester);
- Change of enrolment (e.g., enrolling in fewer than 120 points; enrolling in a programme not outlined in the regulations);
- Withdrawal from study at the University (e.g., withdrawal before the tenure of the scholarship and/or required commitment to study is complete);
- Variation of a scheduled payment (e.g., earlier payment);
- Retain scholarship outside of regulations (e.g., unable to meet other criteria in the regulations); or
If your request falls outside the conditions listed, Contact us.
Information for doctoral scholarship recipients
Before submitting this form, current doctoral scholars requesting a change of conditions must first apply through their MyWaikato portal (Research tab). Doctoral scholars will also need to submit a letter of support from their Chief Supervisor with their request.