Student Barometer Survey
Every two years, the University of Waikato runs an all-student survey in conjunction with i-graduate. This is to get an understanding of students' experiences with enrolment, academic and learning, their living situations, and their experience with the University support services. The responses to the Student Barometer Survey are benchmarked across the global student population to track and compare the decision-making, expectations, perceptions and intentions of students from application to graduation.
If you are a current student enrolled with the University of Waikato, this is your chance to share what you think about your experience with us so far, including what you have enjoyed and where you think we need to improve.
The survey link will be sent directly to your your 'preferred' email address as listed on MyWaikato. It will take you approximately 10-15 minutes to complete and all students who complete the survey can enter the draw for the prizes.
What you could win
Students who complete the survey, and provide their details in the prize-draw question at the end, will be eligible to win one of the prizes given away throughout the survey period.
- 1 x Chromebook [sponsored by PBTech]
- 6 x Sennheiser wireless headphones valued at $290 each
- 9 x University of Waikato Hoodies valued at $65 each
- 70 x hot beverage Café vouchers [sponsored by Kahurangi Café and Café Ultimo]
See FAQ's below for prize T&Cs
Frequently Asked Questions
Open this section to read more
What is the Student Barometer Survey?
The Student Barometer is an internationally benchmarked survey assessing all aspects of the student experience. This includes topics such as decision-making, application processes, arrival and orientation, support services, living experience and academic experience. Responses to the survey enable the University of Waikato to enhance the student experience through developing work plans and strategies that consider the feedback provided by the student population.
Who is eligible to answer the survey?
The Student Barometer Survey will be sent to all currently enrolled students at the University of Waikato, as at the April 2023. Both domestic and international students, students studying on-campus, off-campus and through flexible delivery, will be eligible to answer the survey.
Students enrolled in English Language programmes, and those taking Uni Start papers, are excluded from receiving a survey link on the basis that many of the questions will not be relevant to their circumstances.
What will the University do with my answers?
Responses to the Student Barometer Survey will be used to benchmark the University of Waikato against national and international institutions. The data collected will enable the University of Waikato to understand the current student experience and make improvements to the areas identified as needing change. The student voice collected through responses to this survey will be considered when work plans and strategies are developed and decisions to enhance the student experience can be made in an informed manner.
How do I win a prize?
Throughout the survey period, the University of Waikato will conduct weekly prize draws to give away the Headphones, Hoodies and Cafe vouchers*. Students who complete the survey within each 7-day period will be in the corresponding weekly prize draw. Winners of the weekly draws will be notified by email and will have their names published on this webpage on the day of the draw
At the closing of the survey period, the major prize draw of a Chromebook will be drawn. All students who responded throughout the survey period will be eligible to win the major prize, including those who have previously won a spot prize.
Weekly prize draws
- 10th May 2023 - 2 winners (headphones), 3 winners (hoodies), 23 winners (Cafe vouchers*). NOTE: draw delayed until 17 May due to technical issues
- 17th May 2023 - 2 winners (headphones), 3 winners (hoodies), 23 winners (Cafe vouchers*)
- 24th May 2023 - 2 winners (headphones), 3 winners (hoodies), 24 winners (Cafe vouchers*)
Major prize draw
- 31st May 2023 - 1 winner (chromebook)
*Only on-campus participants will be eligible for the Cafe vouchers: 40 x Kahurangi Cafe vouchers (Hamilton) and 30 x Cafe Ultimo vouchers (Tauranga).
Other important information
- To access the Student Barometer Survey, eligible students will be sent an email from [email protected] with their unique survey link.
- Participants may only complete the survey once.
- Reminder emails will be sent weekly to students who have not completed the survey.
- All responses are completely confidential; all individual identifiers will be removed before any results are released.
- To enter the prize draw, students must fill out their contact details in the "Prize Draw" section at the end of the survey.
- The prizes are pre-determined each week and winners will be picked at random. Prizes cannot be exchanged for alternatives.
- Winners of the weekly prizes will be contacted via email, will have their name published on this webpage.
- The major prize winner will be contacted via email, will have their name published on this webpage.
- Winners of the Hoodie's will receive an online voucher via email to redeem at the Waikato Uni Shop. Chromebook, headphone, and cafe voucher prizes will need to be collected at the Hamilton or Tauranga campus (ID required to collect). International student winners, and those not able to easily access Hamilton or Tauranga campuses, can be sent their prize via courier (signature required).
- Only students enrolled at the Hamilton campus will be eligible to win one the of Kahurangi Cafe vouchers. Only students enrolled at the Tauranga campus will be eligible to win one the of Cafe Ultimo vouchers.
- Unclaimed prizes will be redrawn one week after the initial prize draw.
Check to see if you won a prize
- Belle Ngametuangaro
- Pearl Taisi
- Yuchen Zhou
- Sam Pomana
- Hazel Burroughs
- Alicesandra Johnstone
- AJ Dermer
- Nathan Bailey
- Ethan Allerby
Kahurangi Cafe Voucher (Hamilton)
- Shawnee Whyte
- Mark Prisco
- Lara Cook
- Tarema Naon
- Adam Meredith
- Vicky Beckwith
- Juliette Mayo
- Samuel Eddy
- Rajchada Chanajitt
- Tiana Mayo
- Ehiri Barrett
- Zhen Chen
- Laura Will
- Kurt Wink
- Caitlin Mchardy
- Jaz Holmes
- Emily Fryer
- Deanna Dodman
- Emma Pearson
- Makayla Forsyth
- Bronwyn Townshend
- Jacob Lee
- Aree Rush
- Mikhail Downing
- Isabel Carman
- Waiaria Duncan Unkovich
Cafe Ultimo Voucher (Tauranga)
- Erin Moyle
- Robyn Pascoe
- Aleisha Purvis
- Connor Brown
- Sean Mcdonagh
- Turangi Tata
- Amy Allan
- Annabelle Stewart
- Jasper Holder
- Dianne Lewis
- Shaye Woolford
- Beulah Mossop
- Chanel Breen
- Alexandra Reyes
- Raniera Roberts
- Tiani Harris
- Royce Dodd
- Jamahl Ellis-Kuka
- Hollie Maguire
- Amy Waaka