The Kaimai Shuttle
The University offers a free shuttle service between the Hamilton and Tauranga campuses.
The service is available to enrolled students of the University whose main residence is in one region and who are required to travel from one campus to the other for classes, research supervision, or matters that are related to their University study. The Kaimai Shuttle is also available to University of Waikato staff.
The Kaimai Shuttle will run Mondays to Fridays during the teaching weeks of Trimester A and B. It will not run during teaching recesses, study, and examination weeks. The bookings are on a first-in, first-served basis. The Kaimai Shuttle is WiFi-enabled so study/work time is not lost during the commute.
Please be aware that you can sit your end of trimester examination in another location. Eg. if your paper is taught in Hamilton you can sit your exam at the Tauranga campus. To arrange this, complete the OOT/OL form (there is no charge for this service).
The Kaimai Shuttle vans will arrive and depart from the following locations:
|Campus||Pick-up and drop-off points|
|Tauranga campus||Durham Lane ātea (outside courtyard) by the bicycle stands. |
Note: Durham Lane is the back entrance to the campus and is not on Google Maps.
|Hamilton campus||Main University Bus Stop (Gate 1, outside campus shops)|
Shuttle timetable (Hamilton & Tauranga)
The Kaimai Shuttle will run Mondays to Fridays during the teaching weeks of Trimester A and B. It will not run during teaching recesses, study, and examination weeks.
|Depart Tauranga||Arrive in Hamilton|
|Depart Hamilton||Arrive in Tauranga|
Conditions of use
The conditions of use for the Kaimai Shuttle are as follows:
* All bookings must be made in advance and are confirmed on a first-in, first-served basis.
* All passengers must check-in for every journey by giving their name to the driver so that their booking can be recorded and confirmed.
* The availability of the service is not guaranteed, and may be affected by circumstances outside the University’s control.
* While the University endeavours to supply the service, it will not be responsible for any delay or non-availability.
* The service is a contracted service, and the University is not responsible for the acts or omissions of the service provider.
* For the consideration of others on the journey, eating hot food is not allowed on the shuttle and noise must be kept to a minimum, with headphones used for audio devices.
Register for the Kaimai Shuttle
To register for the Kaimai Shuttle, email [email protected] and include your name and student ID number. Eligible students will be registered and you'll receive an email confirming how you book the shuttle. Bookings are confirmed on a first-in first-served basis.
Staff do not need to register to book on the Kaimai Shuttle.
Once you have registered, you can book your shuttle ride in the Kaimai Shuttle Booking Service.