Your first weeks at Waikato
Access your timetable, enrolment information and assignment results
Check your timetable, assignment results, academic record or make changes to your enrolment using MyWaikato.
Orientation Week is an exciting time to get familiar with your campus, make new friends, and get yourself set up for the start of a busy year. With a programme full of activities, introductions and free giveaways, it's a university experience not to be missed!
- Orientation 2019 kicks off on Monday 18 February!
Need to change your enrolment?
If you need to make a change to your programme or paper selections you can easily do this on MyWaikato.
Key university dates
Our key university dates for the academic year include semester dates, public and university holidays. You can also find information for application and enrolment dates.
If you haven't already been on a campus tour, we highly recommend you join one of the regular tours, it's a perfect opportunity for you to discover your campus.
- Hamilton campus: Hamilton students please email email@example.com to arrange a tour.
- Tauranga campus: Tauranga students please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a tour.
Library tours are a great way to get to know your Library from day one. Library orientation tours are available during the first week of A and B Semester and can also be requested throughout the year.
Student support services
We have a number of support services available to our students, including study and learning support, career development services and health and wellbeing services.
Waikato Students Union (WSU)
The WSU is your clubs association, providing student support, advocacy, encouragement and of course making sure your Waikato experience is one to remember. Throughout the year WSU organises a range of events and runs multiple student clubs. If you're on our Hamilton Campus, check out Level Zero of the Student Centre - your very own student hang-out space.
Support for Māori and Pacific students
Supporting Māori and Pacific students throughout their studies is a priority at Waikato. Our services include a diverse network of specialist support staff, with mentoring units being based in each faculty/school.
The Postgraduate Students' Association (PGSA) runs free events and workshops to help you make the most of postgraduate study as well as network with other students.
If you're over 25 years old and interested in meeting other mature students, we have a space available on the Hamilton campus for you to use for study and group gatherings. Email email@example.com for more info.
Student clubs and groups
With over 60 clubs on the Hamilton campus, there is literally something for everyone. We've got a club for almost every sport, political group, cultural pursuit, academic area and special interest you could want to be part of. And if we don't we're open to helping you start a new one! Make sure you check out Clubs Day during A Semester Orientation.
Waikato Students Union (WSU)
The WSU is your clubs association, providing student support, advocacy, encouragement and of course making sure your Waikato experience is one to remember. Throughout the year WSU organises a range of events and runs multiple student clubs.
Sports and fitness at Waikato
- Sports and sports facilities at Waikato
- UniRec on-campus gym (Hamilton)
- Social sport- For those that wish to play sport at a social level and meet like-minded people, join a team in the Social Sports Indoor & Outdoor Series.
- Apply to join our Employability Plus Programme.
- Volunteer to be a class representative. Your lecturers will be calling for nominations for class reps in the first few weeks of lectures.
Don't miss out!
There are many great opportunities to get involved in campus activities and events, so make sure you stay up-to-date:
- 'Student News' - arriving in your email inbox each week is our very own student newsletter.
- Check out our events calendar for official University events
- Nexus Magazine - your student magazine. Find copies of Nexus located at stands around the uni, or check them out online.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat!
- Tauranga students can join up to the University of Waikato - Tauranga Facebook page, plus we will add you to our Tauranga students Hub Moodle page where we'll post relevant news just for our students based in the Bay.