Diploma in Te Tohu Paetahi
An intensive, one-year total immersion Māori language programme, with papers at 100, 200, and 300 levels.
The first intensive te reo Māori immersion programme of its kind, Te Tohu Paetahi has paved the way for the revitalisation of te reo Māori for more than 30 years.
The focus of this programme is to provide you with a unique Māori language immersion pathway. Our goal is to produce students who can fluently and competently speak in te reo Māori, no matter their starting level of fluency.
- The programme is taught predominantly in te reo Māori and involves taking eight compulsory te reo Māori papers.
- Offered at both our Hamilton and Tauranga campuses.
- The workload in Te Tohu Paetahi is intensive and students attend classes daily, between 9am - 3pm, Monday to Friday. This learning environment is unique in a university setting, and fosters whanaungatanga and life-long friendships and networks.
- Marae noho (marae stays), hākinakina (sports) and social outings are all part of the curriculum in Te Tohu Paetahi.
- You can attain a Diploma in Te Tohu Paetahi or credit the programme towards your first year of a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Social Sciences with a Te Reo Māori major or use Te Reo Māori as a second major in most University of Waikato qualifications.
|DipTTP Study Locations:||Hamilton, Tauranga|
Papers offered differ by location. The Catalogue of Papers has full location info.
|Start Dates:||Trimester A (March)|
|Estimated Fees* (Domestic):||
$6,776 per year
See if you're eligible for fees-free study in your first year
|Area of Study:|
|All amounts are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD).*Tuition fees shown are indicative only and may change. There are additional fees and charges related to enrolment please see the Table of Fees and Charges for more information. You will be sent an enrolment agreement which will confirm your fees.|
Degree planner — DipTTP
Diploma in Te Tohu Paetahi
- 100 Level
- 200 Level
- 300 Level
Study in Tauranga
You can complete the entire DipTTP in Tauranga. All students, whether in Hamilton or Tauranga, take two papers (MAORI104 and MAORI206) online. The rest are taught in both cities.
Scholarships and prizes
Visit our Scholarship Finder for information about possible scholarships
You must complete 120 points, including:
- 75 points above 100 level, and
- 30 points above 200 level.
If you complete all eight compulsory papers, you will fulfill these requirements.
Have a chat with one of our friendly advisers to help you plan your degree.
Phone: 0800 WAIKATO (0800 924 528) or 07 838 4176 Email: [email protected]
Have a chat with one of our friendly advisers to help you plan your degree.Enquire Now