International Diploma (Business)
Please note that this programme is only open to International Students.
This programme is designed to support academic success and gain access to the Waikato Management School, a triple-crown accredited Business School in New Zealand. The International Diploma (Business) is a three trimester direct-entry pathway to the second year of the Bachelor of Business degree at the University of Waikato.
The Diploma is primarily aimed at international students who have completed the equivalent of 32 credits across three University Entrance approved subjects, but have not achieved the equivalence of New Zealand University Entrance. Combining the first year of the Bachelor of Business with English language development and a comprehensive programme of academic support and development activities, the Diploma aims to prepare students for successful completion of the Bachelor of Business at the end of three years of study. Offered in partnership with the Waikato Pathways College (WPC), the Diploma comprises of the six papers required for the first year of the Bachelor of Business with an academic English paper and DIGIB101 - The World of Digital Business. These eight papers are augmented by a comprehensive suite of academic development and support activities designed to meet the learning needs of international students.
Completion and Progression
Students who pass all eight papers will be eligible to graduate with the International Diploma (Business) or transfer into the second year of Bachelor of Business (BBus) at the University of Waikato. Students transferring into the second year of the BBus will be able enrol in the following majors:
- Accounting (Tauranga and Hamilton)
- Digital Business (Hamilton)
- Economics (Hamilton)
- Finance (Tauranga and Hamilton)
- Human Resource Management (Hamilton)
- Marketing (Tauranga and Hamilton)
- Public Relations (Hamilton)
- Strategic Management (Tauranga and Hamilton)
- Supply Chain Management (Hamilton)
- Tourism and Hospitality Management (Hamilton)
|Start Dates:||Trimester A (March) and Trimester B (July)|
|Fees (International):||Indicative tuition fee: $26,000|
|*Tuition fees shown are indicative only and may change. There are additional fees and charges related to enrolment please see the Table of Fees and Charges for more information. You will be sent an enrolment agreement which will confirm your fees.|
Scholarships and prizes
Selected scholarships for IntDip(Bus) students.
The University of Waikato offers several scholarships and bursaries for international students.
- ENSLA100 - English for Professions
- STMGT101 - Introduction to Management
- ACCTN101 - Accounting for Management
- ECONS101 - Business Economics and the New Zealand Economy
- FINAN101 - Introduction to Finance
- MGSYS101 - Integrated Thinking - Digital Business and Supply Change Management
- MRKTG101 - Fundamentals of Successful Marketing
- DIGIB101 - The World of Digital Business