You have been asked to upload a video or audio recording to Panopto for an assignment.
- Your lecturer has created a Panopto assignment folder in your Moodle paper.
- You may have been asked to download Panopto and record your assignment using Panopto, or to upload a recording made with Panopto or other software to the Panopto assignment folder.
- The Panopto assignment folder can play back many file types including: .wmv, .asf, .wma, .flv, .f4v, .f4a, .mpg, .mpeg, .mp4, .m4a, .m4v, .3gp, .mov, .qt
- You can record using phones, cameras, video cameras and webcams.
- Record your video.
- Edit your video.
- Go to the University of Waikato's Panopto server, waikato.au.panopto.com using Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Sign in if asked. Choose Sign in using elearn, and use your normal student username and password.
- At the top of the page select the red Create button and then Upload media.
- In the next dialogue box, select the down arrow to the right of Add files to, to find your Paper.
If you can't see the Assignment folder, select the arrow at the left of the Paper name to expand the menu to the Assignment folder.
- Select the Assignment folder and you will be able to drag and drop or select from your computer to add your file. Note: Unless you choose to share your recording, only you and your lecturer can see your recording in the Assignment folder.
- Check that your file has uploaded correctly. Do not sign out until the upload is complete. You should get the message below:
- Check that your file has processed correctly. Processing takes longer, but you don't need to stay signed in.
Go to the University's Panopto server: waikato.au.panopto.com If you need to sign in, follow steps 3 and 4 above. In the menu on the left select Browse, then My Folders, and find the Assignment folder for your paper.
- Select the Assignment folder and you will see your file. If it says that it is processing, come back in a few minutes to check. Select your file and it should display. Press the Play arrow below the recording to start.