Welcome to the Transport Research Group
Transport affects many aspects of everyday life. In the multi-disciplinary Transport Research Group at the University of Waikato, we are interested in:
- how transport fosters a strong and sustainable economy;
- how transport can be maintained in a way that supports healthy environments;
- how drivers might respond to changes in vehicle technology; and
- how research findings might inform decision-making in government and industry.
We explore a wide range of different questions in our studies, such as:
- What are public perceptions of connected and autonomous vehicle technologies?
- What policy issues are barriers to more widespread uptake of electric vehicles?
- What are the differences between the ways engineers and the road-using public understand risk?
- How does infrastructure investment in ports contribute to economic development and welfare?
- How can in-vehicle cyber-security help people to access more of their own information about their mobility?
Some of our research involves human participants. If you are interested in finding out about upcoming research, please click here.
Join our mailing list to find out about seminars, new research projects
and other Transport Research Group news
email: [email protected]