Add a new question to a quiz
This page assumes that you have already created a quiz activity in your Moodle paper. If not, see how to create a quiz.
Note: The best way to organise your Moodle quiz questions is through the Question Bank. This allows you can find them easily and use them year after year. We have recently created several pages to explain how to use the Moodle Question bank, including:
- In your Moodle paper, select the quiz name.
- Select Edit quiz at the centre of your screen, or alternatively select the settings cog and then Edit quiz from the drop-down menu.
- Select Add on the right-hand side of the page and then + a new question. Note: If you have already added questions through the question bank select the + from question bank option to add questions to the quiz
- Select the format of question you require then select Add.
- Repeat this process to populate your quiz with questions.
As can be seen above, there are many different types of quiz questions. See here for how to create a multiple choice question. For help on creating other question types, see the More help option under Quiz in the Add an activity or resource panel.
You might want to explore this help page on question banks to help you populate your quiz from a set of questions you already have in your question bank.
Finally, you may want to preview questions before keeping them in a quiz, or preview the whole quiz itself: this page will show you how.