Import a file of quiz questions
These steps show how to import questions from a file created outside Moodle. To import questions from a Moodle question bank in another paper, or from another quiz, see Move question bank questions
1. At the top right of the paper's home page, select Manage Paper.
2. Scroll to the bottom and select More...
3. In the Paper administration tab, scroll down to the Question bank menu, and select Import.
4. This takes you to the window below. Files need to be in the correct file format for it to be successfully imported.The typical multiple choice format is Aiken.
5. For information on how to format your quiz so you can import it, select the question mark beside each format type.
7. In the information pop up window, select More help, which redirects you to a Moodle help page on how to format your quiz in each format type.
8. Select Choose a file or Drag and drop. Finally, select Import.
- You will be prompted to make any required changes to the question format. You can use the back arrow to return to the Import questions from file screen, and upload your edited file.
- Your questions will import to the default category for your paper. To change this, select General, then the arrows to the right of the Import category to open a drop-down menu of available categories.