Before creating your quiz we strongly recommend you create your questions in the Question bank. The Question bank allows you to create, edit and preview questions which can then be attached to quizzes. Through this method questions can be easily imported from different papers, and used year after year. You can also import many file types of quiz questions into your Moodle Question bank.
Quiz questions are organised into categories. Initially each paper has only one category called "Default". It is good practice to create more categories to organize your questions. You can then save your questions in the appropriate category as you create them. You can move or copy questions to a new category, e.g. a new paper or quiz.
You can create a hierarchy of categories and subcategories.
Image credit: Moodle.org
To access a paper's quiz Question bank
- Select Manage Paper at the top right of the paper's home page.
- Select More.
- In the Paper administration tab, scroll down and select Question bank.
This is what your Question bank looks like before you begin to populate it:
Links to Question bank help pages:
- Add a Category
- Question types
- Add questions to the question bank
- Add a multiple choice question
- Move question bank questions
- Duplicate question bank questions