Re-open or alter a Quiz for student(s)
Use these instructions if you need to adapt the Quiz open time or date, time allowed, or number of allowed attempts for particular student(s).
For one or a small number of students
- From your Moodle paper, select the Quiz that you wish to re-open.
- Select More from the tabs found directly under the quiz name.
- Select Overrides from the drop-down menu.
- Select Add user override.
- In the Override user box, begin to enter the student's details to trigger the Search function, or select the arrow, then select the student from a drop-down menu.
- Enter settings for the specified student, including when to Open and Close the quiz, the Time limit, and number of Attempts allowed.
- Finally, select Save to finish, or Save and enter another override to change settings for another student.
Note: Using this method, you can only change these settings for one student at a time. You can add overrides for a Group by following the instructions below.
Note: These settings will only affect the selected user.
Add a group override
Use this method if you have created Groups in your paper, and want to alter a Quiz for one or more groups. See our resources on how to Create and edit Groups in Moodle, if you have not set groups up yet.
Follow steps 1-3 above, then:
- Select Group overrides from the dropdown menu. This should automatically update the button to Add group override.
- Select the Add group override button to the right of the dropdown menu. This should redirect you to a list of override options.
- Select the box to the right of Override group to open a drop-down menu, then select the group to whom you wish to grant the override. Alternatively, enter the group's name in the box.
- From here, you can change settings for the specified group, including when to Open and Close the quiz, the Time limit, and Attempts allowed.
Note: These settings will only affect the selected group.
- Finally, select Save to finish, or Save and enter another override to add an override(s) for another group.
You can only change these settings for one group at a time.