Student Requests

Following are the requirements for requests for permission from students for stalls, special posters, or any other fundraising or related activity.

The following application forms are available:

Requests for permission from students for stalls, special posters, or any other fundraising or related activity

Advertising and commercial activities on campus are regulated by Miscellaneous Regulation 8, which reads:

Advertising and commercial activities generally, including hawking and canvassing, affixing of notices to vertical and horizontal surfaces, and the affixing of notices onto motor vehicles, are permitted on University premises only with the specific permission of the Director of Facilities Management, Campus Security and Emergency Manager or Landscape Manager.

Decisions are delegated to Facilities Management Division. Representatives of student organisations should apply to the Security Services Centre, B block Annex (where extra forms are also held). The form is available through this University web pages by linking to the appropriate form.

Application forms should be delivered to the office above, or faxed to 838-4935.

Student organisations undertaking fundraising activities for the support of their own activities will ordinarily be given permission - provided that these activities are not in conflict with the licensed commercial activities on the campus, or with the University's other obligations or interests.

A student organisation is a club or society affiliated with the Waikato Students' Union/Campus Services Limited, or in some other way with a school or other unit of the University.

Organisations not closely affiliated with the University will not usually be granted permission.

Hamilton City Council (HCC) Health Permit

Any person or group offering food for sale, for fundraising purposes or not, must gain a permit from the HCC. The permit is free but is required. A form is attached for you to complete. Please attach a signed copy to this request. The Environmental Health Officer can be contacted at the HCC and can be contacted on 838 6548.


Approval may be given for sites under the main shops covered way in the centre of the campus. It is unlikely to be given for sites near main teaching facilities such as L and S Blocks, or the Library. Any other proposed site requires specific approval.

Some do's and don'ts

  • loud bands are not permitted
  • excessive posters, fliers under car windscreen wipers, etc are not permitted
  • organisers are responsible for cleaning up litter, furniture, equipment
  • liaise with the WSU/CSL to ensure there is no conflict with other major activities

To contact us please refer to Staff Contact.